Monday, November 26, 2018

Library Champion


This week's library champion is Dr. LaRonda Sanders-Senu. Dr. Sanders-Senu uses the online resources from the Dorothy W. Hightower Collaborative Learning Center & Library weekly. Sanders-Senu also orders books from the library for research. Sanders-Senu encourages her students to use the library. "In my 1102 class, I require my students to use GALILEO for almost all their assignments." In the past, Sanders-Senu has used LibGuides, and she plans on using them in the future. Beth Pye created "a LibGuide for my class to use with microfilm research. Pye wrote up a new LibGuide every semester and held an orientation for my class." Sanders-Senu like the MLA International Bibliography database. Along with that database Sander-Senu encourages her students to use GALILEO. "I do not want my students to limit themselves to just one or two databases." Sanders-Senu encourages everyone to use the Interlibrary Loans, GIL Express, and the microfilm collection. "The librarians are very helpful. They are very thorough. When I have sent my students over for orientation, I know the librarians have covered a wide variety of things." Sanders-Senu feels the librarians are very detailed when it comes to teaching students how to use different aspects of the library. Sanders-Senu also enjoys using the computer classrooms for her classes when they go to the library for research.